Come along to EMU’s Conversation Day at Freeman Street Market!
In association with CCC, East Marsh United is hosting a day of conversation and engagement on Saturday 22nd May 2021 at Freeman Street Market. (All socially distanced of course!)
As the country begins to come out of lockdown and we start to re-engage in activities that we enjoyed doing in bygone times, we feel it is important to let people know about the work that East Marsh United have been doing behind the scenes and what we have planned going forward.
The event will start at 10.00 am where we will be dotted around the premises of Freeman Street Market to talk to everyone about what we have to offer.
We want to gain as well as reignite the public’s interest in the projects that East Marsh United want to share with the community and have meaningful and positive conversations with you on how we can use our platform to play a big part in transforming our area and being a valuable community asset.
We will be placed around the market talking about our ideas and projects such as:
- The ongoing and upcoming plans that EMU and CCC have in mind.
- Encouraging people to become a member of East Marsh United.
- Getting involved with our upcoming ‘Friends of Grant Thorold Park’ project
- The possibility of creating an arts and crafts group in association with The Sun & Moon Festival.
- The idea of creating EMU’s Kitchen Table – a safe community space where people can go and have discussions with others over a cup of tea and biscuits.
As well as this, there will be a pop up stall showcasing the artwork of local artist Sarah Palmer who has been working alongside EMU and Sun & Moon with her projects.
There will also be a pop-up bookshop and Sun & Moon’s Josie will be doing some storytelling with the help of Norris the Puppet! We will be giving out some goodies too such as art and craft packs, green windowsill packs, books and EMU merch amongst other things!
So come along and see what we have in store and join us on our journey!
Love and light,
East Marsh United